The Alsace region
The Alsace is :
- beautiful multicolored and mediaval villages like Eguisheim, labeled the most beautiful village in France, Kaysersberg, Riquewihr, Turckheim, Neuf-Brisach (World Heritage Site by UNESCO)
- Colmar, capital of the Alsace wine and famous for its “Petite Venise”
- Strasbourg, the European capital and its pink sandstone lace of the cathedral.
- The Alsace Wine Route, where the 70 most beautiful villages in the region organize wine and harvest festivals, from April to October. (At Eguisheim the wine festivals is the last weekend of august)
- The Regional Natural Park of Ballons des Vosges and magnificent “Route des Crêtes”.
- The Cheese Route of the Munster valley, where you can taste the Alsatian cheese in the farms and in its museum.
Alsace, a multicultural region and border with its neighboring cities :
- Basel / Basel in Switzerland, beautiful city on the Rhine.
- Freiburg in Brisgau on the border of Alsace and near the Black Forest.
- Europapark, voted best leisure park in Europe
For more information about the alsace area, please click on tourisme-alsace.com